Thursday, September 14, 2006

3 Stooges!





I've always liked the 3 Stooges.... but I mean, who doesn't?? To not like the Stooges is to not have a sense of humour! In 1982 I did my Grade 4 speech on the biography and life of Moe Howard!?? Who does that at age 9??

Those comedy teams of Abbott and Costello, the Marx Bros., The 3 Stooges, Chaplin, and Buster Keaton we're incredible. From an era long past, and duly missed, for our current generations don't really have any comedy teams that came close to these icons.

Anyways, here's a design I did of some of my childhood heroes....done in the style of UPA! I love that clean, crisp, and graphic look of those UPA toons so I thought I'd design them that way. I had so much fun I may do a series of vaudeville legends....next up? Abbott and Costello!

Enjoy!

BETCHA DIDN'T KNOW: Moe's wife, Helen Schonberger, was a cousin of Harry Houdini.

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve Daye said...

Freckin' amazin'! Doing a speech on Moe Howard at nine?! You rule...

12:49 PM  
Blogger MikeS said...

You're on a role man. Nice designs. Keep up the posts!

1:47 PM  
Blogger BLOGGED ARTERY said...

thanks boys! @ of my fav designers just sent me the kudos! I will keep doin more!
Thanks guys! You both inspire!

4:30 PM  
Blogger MikeS said...

nyuk nyuk nyuk

6:28 AM  
Blogger Lucho said...

exelent vector work!!!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lucho said...

exelent vector work!!!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very cooool caricature!

5:30 PM  
Blogger BLOGGED ARTERY said...

thanks lucho and alina! Nice to get compliments from people as talented as you both!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home