Monday, October 16, 2006

I can FINALLY talk about it! RUBY GLOOM!


RUBY GLOOM IS HERE!

Friday, October the 13th was the North American premier of "Ruby Gloom", the latest Animated TV series in which I am working on.

It's regular timeslot will be Sunday morning's at 11 a.m. on YTV

This show has been a blast to work on from the very start. I worked on it first as a 3D Promo, and now I am glad to be continuing my work on it serving as the Supervising Technical Director.

We have an amazingly talented crew aboard and the final product sure reflects it.

Check out some of the line-up we've got goin behind the curtain:

Robin Budd ("Gerald McBoing Boing", "Beetlejuice") - Director
Merle Anne Ridley ( "Babar", "Pippi Longstocking" )- Creative Producer
Melissa Graham ( "6Teen", "Jacob Two-Two" ) - Production Co-ordinator
Adrian Thatcher ( "6teen", "Jungle book2" )- Art Director
Brad Coombs ( "6Teen", "Pearl Jam Video: Do the Evolution" ) - Design Supervisor
Kevin Micallef ( "Osmosis Jones", "Little Mermaid 2" ) - Animation Director
Luis Lopez ( "Miss Spider", " Dr.Dolittle" )- Senior Technical Producer
Steve Whitehouse ( "Sam & Max", "Family Dog" ) - Board Artist
Mike Smukavic ( "Ace Ventura", "Sam & Max" ) - Board Artist
Doug Thoms ( "My Dad the Rockstar", " Ace Ventura" ) - Board Artist


AND check this out:

Charlie Bonafacio ("Mulan", "FernGully", Sheridan Animation prof. extraordinaire)- Animator

So give Ruby Gloom, Skullboy, Doom Kitty,Misery, and the rest of the zany cast a visit!

For more info on Ruby Gloom, please visit:

www.ytv.com

http://www.rubygloomtv.com/

Cheers,
D

12 Comments:

Blogger AurtherX said...

Awesome, It looks like something to be very proud of.

Great work.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Martin Hsu said...

The lineup looks awesome. I'm sure the show is fantastic. Believe it or not, I'm actually the co-creator/illustrator for Ruby Gloom :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger BLOGGED ARTERY said...

Martin! Tell me more!!!!!!

10:55 PM  
Blogger BLOGGED ARTERY said...

thanks bitucus!! Great blog yourself!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

wow! i love the design! great work man!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lucho said...

nice!!!!!!!!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am visiting Nova Scotia from the U.S. and just found this cartoon. I love it!!! And I really wish we could get it back home, in Texas. Any chance of this hitting DVD??

1:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a cute cartoon, but I have a few copyright questions; ever heard of Misery, a graphic artist from Auckland New Zealand? If you have a look at www.illicit.co.nz you will see her work, and the similarities are uncanny!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Elliotstan said...

I saw an episode of this the other day on ABC tv. (in Australia) It was great. Had a ball watching it and im 24. Keep up the great work


www.illicit.co.nz artwork looks nothing like Ruby and her friends.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Gandhali said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Gandhali said...

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Ruby Gloom illustrations. I can't believe you guys are actually on blogger!!!!! This is SO awesome!!!

And a word about Misery. Simon might've found the similarities in that she has a "emo/goth" look to her illustrations as well. I'm studying Graphic Design in New Zealand, and I'm researching these styles [Ruby, Misery, Emily Strange, etc.]. And it's really exciting to find Ruby's creators here!

I heart Ruby Gloom!!!!!!!!

-- A Ruby Fan.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, just wanted to thank someone responsible for Ruby Gloom. The show is simply the best show on TV ever. Felt like it ended to early though.

ell, thanks for all your hard work :)

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home